The United Methodist Association of Communicators is a voluntary, professional organization designed to:
- provide recognition, fellowship and vocational enrichment for professional and volunteer communicators of the church;
- plan, participate in and support training and continuing education events;
- develop standards and seek to enhance the professional quality of the work by United Methodist communicators;
- assist in keeping members informed about developments in the communications industry and in promoting dialogue and discussion on technology and communication advocacy issues.
Membership is open to any person working as an employee or volunteer in communications in any United Methodist local church, district, annual conference, jurisdiction, general church board or agency, or related institution.
Also, any United Methodist Church member working in communications who is not employed by the United Methodist Church, is welcome to become a member.
Why be part of UMAC?
- Participation in training and Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
- Opportunity to network and expand professional relationships
- Professional recognition programs
- Certification in concert with United Methodist Communications
- Membership directory
- Communicators Hall of Fame
Sign up to become a UMAC member today. The annual membership fee is $75 for full-time communicators. See the Membership page for other Membership options.